Designs Alike Limited (“Designs Alike”) are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand
- how and why Designs Alike collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice, we will notify you by updating it on our website. Designs Alike will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Designs Alike determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
firstname.lastname@example.org via email address, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
This privacy notice was last updated on 1st July 2020.
What information we collect when you register and why?
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. We may ask you to provide some personal information such as:
- full name
- contact numbers
- email address.
Please note, as a customer of Designs Alike, we do not collect or store your credit card or bank account details on any of our systems.
How do we use your information?
We gather this information to allow us to:
Process any orders you may make. The relevant information is then used by us and sub-contractors to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your order or account in general.
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
To notify you about changes to our services.
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Designs Alike in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Parties such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
In order for you to receive your goods, Designs Alike works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Designs Alike works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Designs Alike will not share your information with companies outside of Designs Alike Ltd for their marketing purposes. We will, however, send information to you from time to time regarding new products, special offers or competitions. If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by clicking the unsubscribe link within the email.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Designs Alike, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK (contact details are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk) where your personal data information has been or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data law, however we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.